Size acceptance is a foreign notion to many people struggling to achieve healthy weights. They buy into the idea that we all should have cover girl looks, and endlessly think “I hate what I see in the mirror.” That thinking creates endless dieting and painful frustration and creates a major obstacle to success.
- Consider these strategies to increase your own self and size acceptance.
- Nurture your body as it is now, to begin to feel comfortable. Make a list of feel-good thinking you can do now.
- Explore where your idea of the “perfect body” comes from.
- Consider how accepting your body right now would affect your life.
- Make a list of everything you’ll do when you lose weight. What would it mean to do these things now?
- Who do you find attractive that doesn’t have a cover girl look? Where do their beauty and confidence seem to come from?
Original article by Green Mountain at Fox Run.